Montag, 5. Februar 2007

Shedir und Fotos





Shedir, originally uploaded by elemmaciltur.

Started: 26th January 2007
Finished: 03rd February 2007
Yarn: Wolle Rödel Soft Merino, 100% superwash merino, colour #359
Needle: Two 4.5 mm Addi Turbo circs (using 2 circs method)
Pattern: Shedir from Knitty's Breast-Cancer Awareness Mini-Issue
Modification: Since I'm using bigger yarn and needles than called for, I did only 3 repeats of the cable pattern before decreasing

Yes, I finished off Shedir on Saturday night...and I'd been wearing it since. I can't exactly say that the pattern is fun to knit. It was quite a fair bit of work to knit all these cables...thank goodness I know how to cable without a cable needle, otherwise I'd have gone bonkers dealing with the extra needle (although I used 2 circs instead of dpns to knit this).


Shedir, originally uploaded by elemmaciltur.


Shedir, originally uploaded by elemmaciltur.

One of the nicest features that I find on Shedir is the crown decrease. It makes quite a nice pattern.

I might knit another Shedir some time in the future, but I think I'll go for a smaller gauge and better yarn. As for now, I'm satisfied with this one. :-)

And FYI, I had the yarn in my stash already and I'm not yet cheating on the StAL 2007!







Hypovereins Central, originally uploaded by elemmaciltur.

Anyhow, here's a photo I made yesterday for Project Spectrum 2.0. Nothing though in comparison to the HDR version from Frank taken with his Canon EOS 20D.

Anyway, on Saturday, Frank had to go to work really early and no, this was not usual. Anyhow, he had to be there quite early and so in the process, also woke me up and the day got kinda thrown out of pace. I spent the morning trying to finish off my Shedir (but ended up finishing it over at Frank's in the evening).

When Frank got back to me early in the afternoon, we couldn't decide on what to do. Frank suggested we go swimming. I wasn't sure about it since my parents were ringing me up on that evening, but I got my stuff together anyway. On the way to Frank's, however, we started talking about dinner and Frank got this idea of doing a Japanese Sukiyaki for dinner. So we ended up going shopping for the ingredients instead. You can see the photos of the food that Frank made. I don't think that there's any need to mention how delicious the meal was, right? ;-)

On Sunday, we went out to take some photos...above is one of the good shot I got. Here are Frank's loots worked in HDR (if you have Flickr, then go leave him some nice comments).

Well, that's just about it, but before I leave you, here are two more I got from yesterday:


Snowdrop (Galantus nivalis), originally uploaded by elemmaciltur.


Crocus in February, originally uploaded by elemmaciltur.

And yes, that's a crocus. There are heaps of croci everywhere, and it's February.

The weather's gone mad. The forecast's saying that it's going to snow tomorrow....even though the temperature right now is about 6 degrees centigrade. And it had been pretty warm the past week...so temperature's going to plummet again tonight....

...oh well, I have my Shedir anyway. :-p

Y'all have a great week!

Current Mood: Good
Food for the ears: Pokarere ana - Kiri Te Kanawa. Listen to it on my Vox.

1 comments:

Marie hat gesagt…

Hallo,
schön, daß Du unsere Seite so pflegst.
Hast ja wieder sehr viel gearbeitet.