Donnerstag, 1. März 2007

On giving in to your cravings and my own birthday present


Wollmeise sock yarns, originally uploaded by elemmaciltur.

Yes, this is all YOUR fault! You know who you all are...

Ja, Ihr seid alle Schuld daran! Ihr wisst, wer Ihr alle seid...

I finally caved in and ordered three hanks of the sock yarn in the above colourways from the Wollmeise. In a way, this is kind of my own birthday present to myself, since I don't think I'll be getting it until Monday or so. I might be lucky that they might be in the mail right on my birthday on Saturday.

Ich musste letztendlich meinem Verlangen nachgeben und habe eben drei Stränge Sockenwolle von der Wollmeise bestellt. In gewisser Weise ist das sozusagen das eigene Geburtstagsgeschenk an mich selber...obwohl ich nicht glaube, dass ich die Wolle bis Montag in die Hände kriegen werde. Trotzdem habe ich vielleicht Glück und sie kommen schon an meinem Geburtstag am Samstag an.

Anyway, as you might already have noticed, I'm blogging in both English and German. I'm going to try blogging bilingually from now on. So, it's going to be in English and one of the other languages I speak...most will be German, but there's also French, Italian, Spanish...and if I'm up to the challenge I might also do Esperanto, Dutch and Polish. (Way too much work with Russian....I don't have time to transcribe everything down into cyrillic). This will only happen in posts that are not super long though...so don't yell at me when I lag behind and don't do bilingual posts. :-) I want to do this just so that I can keep practicing all these languages I know so that I won't forget them completely. ;-)

Jedenfalls, wie Ihr es schon sehen könnt, schreibe ich jetzt sowohl auf Englisch als auch auf Deutsch. Ich werde mal versuchen, ab jetzt zweisprachig zu bloggen. Das wird jedenfalls auf Englisch sein und in einer von den Sprachen, die ich kann. Meistens wird es wohl Deutsch sein...dann gibt's noch Französisch, Italienisch, Spanisch...und wenn ich's kann, vielleicht auch Esperanto, Niederländisch und Polnisch. (Ich würde sogar Russisch versuchen...aber alles auf Kyrillisch zu tippen ist mir viel zu viel Arbeit). Die zweisprachigen Einträge werde ich nur machen, wenn es nicht allzu viel zu schreiben ist....also seid bitte nicht böse zu mir, wenn ich mal auf nur Englisch zurückfalle. Ich möchte das machen, so dass ich die Fremdsprachen üben kann, die ich kenne, bevor ich sie alle verlerne.

Anyway, that's all I have to say today. Hope y'all have a great week and are looking forward to the weekend!

Nun war das alles, was ich heute zu sagen habe. Ich hoffe, dass Ihr alle eine tolle Woche hattet und dass Ihr Euch alle auf das Wochenende freut!

Edit: I could only publish this on Saturday because the stupid Blogger Bot decided that my blog was a spam blog and locked it up....obviously, it's just got unlocked today. Okay, I'll just look at it as my birthday present then! *stupid blogger bot*

Current Mood: Sock yarn dazed
Food for the ears: Saa Itte Myô (Von hier an Blind) , Wir sind Helden - Listen to the song on my Vox